Qpid Proton 0.4 Release Notes
Proton is a high-performance, lightweight messaging library. More
about Qpid Proton.
For more information about this release, including download links and
documentation, see the release overview.
New features and improvements
- PROTON-184 - [Proton-J] Separate API from Pure Java Implementation
- PROTON-191 - Proton-API reconciliation reporting tool
- PROTON-192 - Implement Proton-JNI binding for proton-c
- PROTON-194 - Change proton's build systems to allow for the creation of a Java binding for proton-c.
- PROTON-195 - Move JythonTests and proton_tests/*.py into system-test module
- PROTON-197 - Add "small buffer" test to SSL tests
- PROTON-199 - [Proton-c] Python binding requires python 2.6+
- PROTON-208 - Create an upstream Perl language tarball
- PROTON-210 - Proton release.sh should create a single release tarball for proton-c/proton-j
- PROTON-217 - cmake build system should include "install" target for Java binaries
- PROTON-218 - Remove dependency on Maven 3
- PROTON-224 - Python test framework: automatically treat ProtonUnsupportedOperationException as a skipped test
- PROTON-242 - Shared library used JNI code has poor name "libproton-swig.so"
- PROTON-66 - Driver implementation for proton-j
- PROTON-100 - Clean up examples README.txt file
- PROTON-166 - message.h: pn_message() should be declared pn_message(void)
- PROTON-183 - intermittent hanging in messenger tests
- PROTON-203 - pn_listener_set_context() not wrapped correctly in the python bindings
- PROTON-204 - Handling of partial messages is broken in java messenger
- PROTON-205 - java messenger does not set source and target correctly
- PROTON-219 - Move Cmake modules to the tools directory
- PROTON-222 - pn_messenger_send returns before message data has been written to the wire
- PROTON-230 - pn_data_appendn is not exiting the node tree correctly
- PROTON-235 - SASL layer can "replicate" inbound SASL frames under some circumstances.
- PROTON-243 - 0.4 RC1 libqpid-proton not found
- PROTON-245 - Use of "inline" function specifier not compatible with older versions of swig
- PROTON-292 - [proton-hawtdispatch] avoid printing debug info to the console.
- PROTON-293 - [proton-hawtdispatch] Use more conservative initial message size estimates.
- PROTON-196 - Automate the running of system tests on Apache CI
Apache Qpid, Messaging built on AMQP; Copyright © 2013
The Apache Software Foundation; Licensed under
License, Version 2.0; Apache Qpid, Qpid, Qpid Proton,
Proton, Apache, the Apache feather logo, and the Apache Qpid
project logo are trademarks of The Apache Software
Foundation; All other marks mentioned may be trademarks or
registered trademarks of their respective owners