Qpid Proton 0.6 Release Notes
Proton is a high-performance, lightweight messaging library. More
about Qpid Proton.
For more information about this release, including download links and
documentation, see the release overview.
New features and improvements
- PROTON-273 - Fix disabled ruby test "can have nil content"
- PROTON-287 - Fix Qpid Proton-C build with MinGW on Fedora
- PROTON-290 - Allow querying of unsent messages by tracker
- PROTON-343 - Add a pluggable Proton logging layer
- PROTON-382 - Perl Message class should expose a Properties attribute
- PROTON-383 - Perl Message class should expose an Annotations property.
- PROTON-384 - Perl Message class should expose an Instructions property.
- PROTON-385 - Perl Message class should expose an Body property.
- PROTON-386 - Provide Perl client and server examples
- PROTON-414 - Perl Messenger does not return a tracker on put
- PROTON-415 - Perl Messenger does not return a tracker on get
- PROTON-426 - [Messenger] messenger has no ability to dynamically create queues/topics on qpidd
- PROTON-439 - Support for dynamic reply-to address in Messenger
- PROTON-443 - update hawt-dispatch dependency version
- PROTON-444 - Java Messenger needs internal store.
- PROTON-450 - Rspec tests should NOT use the default port for listening
- PROTON-457 - Expose the Messenger interrupt method in Perl
- PROTON-458 - Perl should die on negative return values
- PROTON-459 - Perl binding omits pn_messenger_route interface
- PROTON-460 - Perl interface omits pn_messenger_rewrite()
- PROTON-463 - Perl should provide incoming and outgoing trackers
- PROTON-464 - Interpolate CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX into Ruby install directory.
- PROTON-472 - Expose the Messenger route and pattern function in the Perl bindings
- PROTON-476 - Support a user-context for SASL and SSL objects.
- PROTON-479 - Expose Settled status in Ruby bindings.
- PROTON-480 - Expose Settled status in Perl bindings.
- PROTON-200 - Credit distribution by messenger is not balanced across all links
- PROTON-278 - Messenger - allow the application to control the use of the message reply-to field.
- PROTON-302 - Messenger does not verify the hostname in the peer's SSL certificate.
- PROTON-323 - Regression: Messenger sends "null" in disposition state after accept
- PROTON-401 - Ordering issue prevents credit drain from working properly
- PROTON-412 - pkg-config has wrong configuration
- PROTON-413 - [proton-c] Cmake install does not produce package files that work on windows
- PROTON-417 - Remove/optionalize bouncycastle dependency
- PROTON-418 - data error interface should match other error APIs (probably should review all error accessors)
- PROTON-424 - Memory Leak in Proton Messenger Send / Recv
- PROTON-425 - [Messenger] messenger can only browse qpidd's queues
- PROTON-427 - settle does not match accept/reject for ruby
- PROTON-428 - proton-hawtdispatch drops data when more than 512 bytes are read from the socket
- PROTON-430 - cmake install package files created at wrong time and place
- PROTON-431 - Ruby integration test have incorrect failure messages
- PROTON-432 - seg fault when handling error
- PROTON-433 - seg fault when handling error
- PROTON-434 - seg fault when handling error
- PROTON-435 - seg fault when handling error
- PROTON-440 - MessengerImpl tests fail on OSX
- PROTON-445 - Binding installation ignores prefix
- PROTON-446 - [SSL] when certificate validation fails, the connection is not cleanly closed.
- PROTON-449 - Unit tests fail if proton is built without OpenSSL.
- PROTON-453 - OpenSSL libraries are not Valgrind clean
- PROTON-454 - ruby binding omits pn_messenger_route interface
- PROTON-455 - Ruby interface omits pn_messenger_rewrite()
- PROTON-456 - Ruby binding does not implement password attr
- PROTON-462 - Documentation: Add doxygen overview file for Proton C API
- PROTON-466 - Driver - Optimization causes hangs in cleanly closed connections
- PROTON-473 - Windows driver.c matching fixes
- PROTON-474 - Incorrect mapping of TTL to JMSExpiration in JMS InboundTransformer
- PROTON-475 - [python] Proton wrapper API's use of time values is inconsistent
- PROTON-477 - [python] Proton wrapper API does not enforce SASL or SSL singleton pattern
- PROTON-481 - [python] link name is not available
- PROTON-482 - Ruby bindings install to vendorarchdir rather than vendorlibdir
Apache Qpid, Messaging built on AMQP; Copyright © 2015
The Apache Software Foundation; Licensed under
License, Version 2.0; Apache Qpid, Qpid, Qpid Proton,
Proton, Apache, the Apache feather logo, and the Apache Qpid
project logo are trademarks of The Apache Software
Foundation; All other marks mentioned may be trademarks or
registered trademarks of their respective owners